HARRISVILLE, R.I. – Junior Alison Butler (Danvers, Mass.) and sophomores Jackie Guy (St. Louis, Mo.) and Kaitlyn Spillane (Franklin, Mass.) each registered three-point nights as the Saint Anselm College women's ice hockey team breezed to a 7-0 victory against Nichols College on Saturday evening at Levy Rink.
- Butler scored two goals and handed out an assist, while Guy and Spillane each notched a goal and dished two assists.
- Junior Alison Quinn (Canton, Mass.) potted two goals.
- Seniors Alex Kazmer (Crystal Lake, Ill.) and Halle Kent (Lake Placid, N.Y.), as well as junior Alex Starzyk (Enfield, Conn.), collected two assists.
- Freshman goaltender Maddie Scavotto (E. Falmouth, Mass.) turned away all 12 shots she faced in her collegiate debut.
For the foes…
- Lindsay O'Connell racked up 59 saves for the Bison.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Saint Anselm jumped out to a 1-0 lead just 3:30 in when Spillane scored off feeds from Starzyk and Butler. It was then Butler's turn to find the scoresheet as she was set up by sophomore Ashley Moran (Woburn, Mass.) and Guy at 12:02 of the opening period.
- Quinn opened the second-period with a power-play strike off assists from Kazmer and Starzyk at the 7:15 mark. Butler struck again just 3:56 later with a power-play tally that was set up by Kent and Guy to make it 4-0.
- Freshman Sara McNamara (Danbury, Conn.) stretched the lead to 5-0 just 1:31 into the final frame as Spillane and senior Sarah Geisinger (Willoughby, Ohio) collected helpers. Quinn's second power-play score of the day came just 1:20 later to make it 6-0 with assists from Kazmer and junior Martha Findley (Duxbury, Mass.). Guy closed the scoring with a power-play score of her own with 4:31 to play, as Kent and Spillane each picked up their second assist of the contest.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Saint Anselm outshot Nichols, 66-12, including 27-4 in the third period.
- The Hawks were a sizzling 4-for-5 on the power play, while killing off both Nichols chances.
- Saint Anselm had 11 different skaters record a point, including seven that produced multiple-point efforts.
- The Hawks are 5-1 for the third straight season.
- Saint Anselm is 13-0-0 all-time against Nichols.
- The Hawks return to the ice Saturday, Nov. 5 at 1 p.m. when they play host to Bowdoin College at Sullivan Arena.